Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Intro and End of Day Thoughts


Hello readers! This is my first blog post and I just wanted to jump right into me and why you're going to be reading this.

Intro: My name is Niesha Thomas and I am a young 22 year old trying to forge my way through this crazy world. I graduated from college in May of 2013 and have been having a difficult time with the job market just like anyone else with a degree. Nothing special. 

End of Day Thoughts: Well I've been trying to get my business plan together to start my non-profit organization geared towards building a positive self-image. Today was honestly not a very eventful day so this post will just be some thoughts haha. 

Here are some words of wisdom to you Liberal Arts degree holders like myself: If the job you really want isn't out there, you have to create the job yourself. I've been trying to get into non-profit work and I haven't been getting any calls back so in order for me to solve this problem, I decided to create my own organization. It's going to be hard but it'll be worth it because I'm achieving my goals instead of working like a dog to help someone else accomplish theirs. Don’t let anyone tell you that getting a liberal arts degree is useless, because it isn’t. You just have to know what you want to do with it.

One of the main reasons I decided to form my own organization is because there was a problem that I wanted to address with the ongoing issue of negative self image that seems not to get addressed. I also did this, because like I said before, no non-profits were trying to give me a chance so I made my own chance. Well I don’t want to ramble, so I’ll check in with you all later!

If there’s anything that you all want me to write about, JUST LET ME KNOW!

Night All,

Niesha J

8 comments:

  1. Hey Niesha,

    Great start and an amazing idea! I totally agree with your view on the value of a liberal arts degree. I originally planned to go to law school and be a Public defender, but I'm currently on my way to teach english in Korea. Opportunity is something I had no idea I would get with a Liberal Arts degree. Hopefully I will go back to seeking law school, but at the moment I'm happy to have some form of choices!

    That being said, I'd love to hear more about your own non-profit and your ultimate dream goals. If its not too much to ask, I'd really like to hear your story. Hmm maybe I mean I'd like to hear why you personally wanted to do this? haha

    Anyways, I hope you are doing well! Thanks for letting me know about this and have a good one!

    Peace,
    Cory Riesen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KOREA! That sounds like a great opportunity to get immersed into another culture! A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CULTURE! I wish you all the best in your teaching journey! What program are you going through?

      Delete
  2. What if you finally get up and actually create your own organization but when it's finally up and running, you no longer have interest. Give your own personal tips on how you would solve that problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my new blog post! I addressed your question. Let me know if you want to know anything else!

      Delete
  3. Rock it girl... Im proud of you and I wish u the best.. it sounds like u have a good idea not only to help childen but anyone who suffers from thei self image.." its not all about jow u look on the outside but how you make other people feel on the inside"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! Let me know if you want me to write about anything else!

      Delete
  4. Good first post Niesha. Keep pushing for your dreams and remember the long ass advice I gave on Facebook! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I definitely will remember that long ass advice you have me on Facebook!

      Delete